Farmers in the Kootenay-Boundary region can find resources for processing including information for value-added, cleaning & packaging guidelines, abattoirs and where to find them.
- Farmgate and Farmgate Plus Licenses Oct 1, 2021 Meat Inspection & Licensing: Information on classes A – E production and processing.
- Meat Processing Plants in British Columbia: List of processing plants, classes offered, and contact information.
- Basin Business Advisors: Work Flow for Farmgate and Farmgate Plus Slaughter License Applications
Cleaning & Packaging
BC Centre for Disease Control
- Meat, Poultry & Eggs Guidelines: Information on inspection and safety guidelines for the packaging and sale of meat, poultry, and eggs.
- Enhance Sales with Value Added Processing: Basic first steps and considerations for introducing value added processing into your farm business.
Basin Business Advisors
- Agriculture Program: Connect with Nyree Marsh, agriculture specialist, to create marketing strategies, business plans and more.
Keep in Touch!
Subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter and stay connected to free agricultural information, resources, and expertise to support you with technical production.