Climate & Agriculture Initiative BC has some great events coming up in the next few days for farmers to attend.
Webinar: An introduction to the benefits of healthy riparian areas on farms
Join us for an interactive farmland riparian health webinar and learn about how healthy riparian areas can reduce flood damage and support agricultural production in the Boundary and Kootenay regions of BC. Led by riparian experts: Lee Hesketh of the BC Cattlemen’s Association Farmland Riparian Interface Stewardship Program and Gregoire Lamoureux of Kootenay Permaculture:
- Learn about the function of riparian areas and how to protect them
- Find out how healthy riparian areas can reduce flood damage and support agricultural production
- Link up with local resources, local expertise and potential funding to help protect riparian areas on your farm
Two times to choose from:
Tuesday March 15th, 2022 from 10:00am – 11:30am PDT/ 11:00am – 12:30pm MT (register here)
Thursday March 24th, 2022 from 6:30pm – 8:00pm PDT/ 7:30pm – 9:00pm MT (register here)
Webinar: Farm Flood Preparedness
Learn about flood risk, preparedness and response and begin your flood preparedness action plan.
NOTE: This is an interactive virtual workshop. Please only register if you can attend the live session.
- Increase your understanding of potential flood scenarios for your operation
- Identify the areas and infrastructure on your farm that are most vulnerable to floods
- Begin to populate your flood preparedness plan using the Farm Flood Readiness Toolkit
- This workshop will be led by Chris Marsh, an emergency management professional with over 25 years of public service and public safety experience.
Thursday March 17th , 2022 (register here)
9:00am – 11:00am PDT/ 10:00am – 12:00pm MT: All Producers (Including livestock producers)
11:00am – 11:30am PDT/ 12:00pm – 12:30pm MT: Additional content re: livestock protection, evacuation or relocation for any type of livestock producers